Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Elder Christensen: Letter 5/28/13 Truck + Me = :)


Well this week we got all settled into our new apartment and got our truck nice and dirty with all this rain we’ve had. It's been nice!! We got 5 new investigators this week, which is good because this area is dead otherwise. My new companion is Elder Rausch. He is from Alberta Canada and is 18 years old and is the youngest of 9 kids. Only one older brother wet on a mission out of 5 so he is breaking the curse and trying to get his 19 year old brother to go.  I can say I see a big difference in the age drop now that I'm training an 18 year old, and I must say Im pretty shocked at how immature 18 year olds are! I was one of the least mature at that age but the Lord will make up the difference... I hope J 
It's been really fun being back in the farmland. At least we have the proper tools for this area. I love our truck! The ward is great. The members feed us almost every day and its really good cooking out here. I had some Amish milk and oh my goodness it’s a good thing there isn’t a lot in Salt Lake or I'd be 500 lbs !!!  We are working with some part member families that seem pretty sweet and I can already see why my comp is in this area with me for these specific families.  Can’t wait to see where this goes in the time we are here! Other than our district leader, I'm the oldest one in the district. It's very weird but its cool to see my greeny learning new things every day.  I love you and hope to hear from you soon!

Love Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment