Monday, October 7, 2013

Elder Christensen: Letter 10/7/13 Happy Days


This week was awesome! I love my Companion! I feel like we've been friends forever. we teach "like a boss," and we are always joking around and laughing. :) Wish I had more areas and comps where I had this much fun!!

So we taught a bunch of lessons and were super busy most of the week. It's always a great feeling. We set 3 dates this week with different part-member families. It's been fun. One is Brian Walton's neice-in-law, I guess you'd say, named Samantha Hemphill. So her and her boyfriend Shawn. They're both 20, and we set one with a kid named Josh Piper. His mom is a less-active member and his Aunt is extremely active. He's 16 and way into music and technology and stuff. He's a really good kid. He also put 400 GB's of music on my hard drive for me so my itunes library will be yoked when i get home. I'm at 145,000 songs right now! :) 

General Conference was really good. We're pretty much living the talks and doing all the things they talk about, so it's different, but I still learned a lot. I think I've finally hit the point where I'm more excited to read them when they come out, rather than listening to them. Elder Oaks and Elder Christofferson's talks really stood out to me. He was super bold! Also there seemed to be a lot of talks that had very similar parts to others. More so than usual? Also Elder Holland's talk had my old mission president in it. That woman is his daughter that was in the plane crash. Pretty sad story, but she is amazing!! I'm sure Facebook already blew up on Utchdorf quotes, but I love the "Doubt your Doubts, before you Doubt your Faith!" So true. He is so wise, it blows my mind!!
I had a question on the whole 15 million members thing. Is that a living number, or is that from how many members of the church here on earth since the restoration?

282 Etherton Springfield IL 62712  is my new address drop me a letter if you got some time :) Love You all!

Love Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment