Monday, March 11, 2013

Elder Christensen: Letter 03/11/14 Tears may fall but a man will rise!!


Well this week we got some solid new investigators and they are so funny. Ones name is Ladonna and I read her this scripture from the restoration pamphlet and she was like, "ohhhh that scripture was a good spanking for me! That spank is telling me to get in the word!" I was with a member, brother Davidson at the time. Ha! Ha! He got a kick out of that as well. He said, "Elder I've never seen a missionary spank one of their investigators with doctrine before!" Ha! Ha! It was fun!!! 
 
My new comp is awesome but got some bad news this week. He had a girl waiting for him. They've been dating for 3 years and she just wrote him off, so he is super down. I gave him a blessing and I'm keeping him as positive as I can but that's pretty rough!! He has two 3-inch binders full of letters from her, 14 pages a week and all of them say I'll be waiting for you and how much I love you ... I feel so bad for him I'm doing all I can to help him!! I'm so happy none of the girls from home really liked me. It's really kept me focused on the Lords work.:) I've written one letter and I've gotten 1 letter and that's enough for my whole mission! lol. So my advice to anyone who is reading this and preparing for a mission is to get a job and live at the gym so you have no energy for girls or energy to get into trouble!! He talked with president Clark yesterday and he seemed a little better. Then president Clark pulled me aside and said, "Elder Christensen I know you're the missionary that can get him through this. You're one of  the happiest missionaries in this mission and everyone of your companions talks very highly of you. That's why I've moved you all over the place!  There is a lot of missionaries that struggle in this mission and come to see me and want to go home early but after they serve even just 1 transfer with you they are a new man!!" I really had to contain my emotions but I was so happy to hear that from him because I was wondering why I had been moved so much!! I don't think I'm the happiest missionary but I would say I enjoy a lot of the things I've been able to do in my mission!  Everyone says oh the mission is the best 2 years of your life, but I would say they are wrong!! I say the mission is the best 2 years FOR your life! It's by far the hardest thing I've ever had to do but I'm already seeing the long term effects this work has had in my life and those whom I have served with:)

This week Mary sent a way awesome text saying she knows she needs to quit smoking so she can be baptized and reborn in the spirit so she can fully turn her life around. It was so cool reading that! We also met with Martin and Alecia. They are so awesome and prepared. I really hope I can be a part of their baptism. They have definitely found a place in my heart! I love every moment I get to be with them because I can see what great members they will be and the effect it will have on their daughter will be amazing!

Well I love you all and hope to hear from you soon!
Love Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment