Monday, December 23, 2013

Elder Christensen: Letter 12/23/13 "Toys for Tots"

Well Family, I'll be Skype-ing you this Wednesday at noon your time, so be ready for that. I can't wait to see your faces!!! So it was pretty hard to say goodbye to all the great members of Springfield, but I was warmly welcomed into Crystal City! My full address is 1009 Kenner St. Apt 5, Crystal City, MO 63019 if you'd like to know.

We have zero investigators right now, but I guess that's why i'm here! I've come up with an awesome analogy to explain my whole mission. Some missionaries are sent to ride the tractor and enjoy the harvest with very little effort put into it. Some are sent to watch others drive the tractor so they don't miss any of the crops. Then there is the missionary that gets transferred every 3 months or less and his job is to fix the tractors and get the the machine running good for the next missionary, so he can enjoy the easy ride ha ha! So I'm a fixer! Whether that's a companion who's struggling or an area that's struggling, they send me to fix it and get it running, then I leave to do it all again for the next area ha ha!!!

Well, a pretty cool story this week. We did "Toys for Tots," and I helped like 5 families get toys. Then we have been tracting all week to get some investigators and we tracted into a woman that I had helped get toys! What are the odds of that? ha ha! She was like, "wow, hey remember me?" I was like, "oh ya, I do." She was like, "I'll take a book and read it, but I'm busy for the holidays. Can you come back after, then you can meet the kids you helped me pick toys out for." Ha ha! I was like, "Sounds good to me!!!" Merry Christmas everyone !!!!!

Love Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment