Monday, December 16, 2013

Elder Christensen: Letter 12/16/13 "Crystal City"

Well Family, as I had predicted, I'm getting Transferred to Crystal City, Missouri this Wednesday. I'm really going to miss Springfield. ome of my best memories have been here! This week I got to make a few more memories before leaving. I got invited to Grandma Hurley's 94th Birthday party, which also is exactly one year from the day I baptised her. That was pretty cool to be here for. I'll never forget her. I will be missing a lot of baptisms in the next month that I worked my butt off for, but hey it's happened a lot in the last 18 months, and it will happen again ha ha! I'm pretty excited to get into my new area and hit the ground running. I will be a district leader again and will have the biggest district in the mission. It's almost as big as the whole zone I was just over. The District has 12 missionaries. That's mind-blowing for me! I will be in the South Zone of our mission. I've served in every zone other than St. Louis Zone, but hey, I've got 6 more months, so that can still happen lol!!

This past week I knew I was going to leave, so I had all my things packed a week in advance. My poor companion thought I was crazy, but I know how things work for me and I knew I'd be leaving ha ha! So I prepared ... The ward and the Stake President were not too happy when they got the news. They even cancelled our Christmas dinner now that I'm not going to be here ha ha! Poor Elders! I'm sure someone else will sign up tho!

We got hammered by snow this week and there was ice under it, so driving was a blast! My companion got his driving privileges back this week as well, so I let him drive some and we almost died ha ha! I calmly said as we fishtailed into oncoming traffic, "Yep were Dead!" ha ha! I know my mom is shocked I didn't yell my usual phrase of "DEEEEEE!" We also had a good week of finding, while tracting through all the snow. People saw just how crazy we are and how dedicated we are to this work so they heard us out. None of them made it to church this week because of the driving conditions, but I don't blame them. The ward Christmas Party was great. I'm glad I got to stay for that. Now hopefully my new area is having theirs this weekend so I get double the Christmas ha ha! I love you all hope that your safe and warm!

Love Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment