Monday, February 25, 2013

Elder Christensen: Letter 2/25/13 I made IT :)


So this week In Florrisant we got a hard snow storm with a thick shelf of ice on top of it. They closed a lot of the roads down. For 2 days we lost power for 1 hour at our Apartment from 9-10, but I enjoyed planning in the dark. Ha! Ha! We met with our new investigator Ron during the start of the storm and he was very surprised that we were walking out in that crazy storm!! He was very interested in the BOM and said he would read and pray about it which is music to my ears. :) I kinda felt like he was looking at the BOM in a historical sense and I could see it wasn't clicking for him, so I shared some of my personal experiences from reading this book and bore my testimony and it seemed to break that barrier, so we will see how his study and prayer went this Saturday.:) Hopefully we can get him to church this week!!
 
We had a lot of appointments fall through this week, but that's ok... Mary came to Church and loved every minute of it. This week was Ward Conference and she enjoyed the talks on how we teach by the spirit and how Christ taught the same way.  She was even an example in the 3rd hour. The Stake President asked her, "Mary how do the missionaries teach you? Did they read everything out of a manual? Did they ever ask you any questions? Did you feel the spirit?" I was so HAPPY with her answer and testimony of how and what we've taught her. She is Great!:) Then he asked me what I did prior to meeting with Mary. How I prepare to teach and how I teach. It was great. This new curriculum will be amazing !
 
We got Transfer Calls This Saturday and I'm staying in Florrisant and my Companion is going to Fenton. My prayers were answered!!:) (This is what the title of this email is referrring to. Jeff has had a really difficult time with this companion as did the people who had him before Jeff. he was nearly sent home in his previous area, and Jeff was just praying everyday that he wouldn't loose his temper with him and get through it.)  I can't wait to meet my new companion. He's been out longer than me, but I will still be the senior Companion. I was the only one from my whole district who is staying. They white washed the other areas (transferred everyone else out of the District) so I will be leading the district meetings for the 1st couple of weeks and I'll be showing all the new missionaries how to not get shot in this area hahaha !!
 
So For MY funny moment this week. I got told I had a sexy butt by a 300 lb woman. She said "mmmmm hmmmm that's some good white meat!" I was like OMG this is just like White Chicks hahahaha! I love how bold some people are out here! It makes me laugh so much :) This will be a fun transfer. Anything will be better than my last one!! I would even rather have cluster headaches the whole transfer than serve another day with my last companion lol. He will either change his ways or get sent home :)  Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful SNOW and enjoying life. Love you all!!

Love Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment