Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Elder Christensen: Letter 9/3/13 Memory Lane


Well family, this week a lot of our appointments fell through, but we did get some new investigators for the other areas around us, so that's good.  This week I also got to give my 1st Baptism interview. That was awesome! Very spiritually uplifting for me, and the investigator. He will be baptised this Saturday, so that will be awesome. Hope we can get some of our investigators there for that. 
 
We had a miracle happen this week. We had like 2 hours left and had nothing planned, and I told my comp lets go ride our bike on campus. He looked at me and said, "Elder, are you trunky?" "Do you know how many girls are on campus on Saturday nights?" I said, "no, no, that's not why I want to go there. The Spirit is telling me we need to be at the Union building" (which is right in the middle of all the party buildings...). So my comp said okkkk, but I could tell he still thought I wanted to go for the girls. lol Some people's kids...  When we got to the Union building, Daniel Lee was there and just got out of this discussion for his business class, and was like "Elders can we meet?"  I was like HECK YES! That's what I'm talking about! We taught the gospel of Jesus Christ and went over the baptism questions he said he doesn't feel ready yet, but he has felt the Spirit when we meet, so we are making progress with him. Hope we can help him the rest of the way before he has to go home!
 
All in all its been a good week. Very hot and humid, so biking everywhere has been a blast, and the cherry on top it that our AC unit broke, so we got that fixed. Ha Ha Glad fall is almost here!!  We had Zone p-day yesterday in Springfield. That was a blast to the past! It's been almost 1 year since I 1st went to Springfield. So many great memories are there and going to the mansion to play football, capture the flag, and ultimate Frisbee was great.  Can't believe that it was a year ago when I met B.Robb and he showed me how Springfield was going to be the best area of my mission. I'm very sore and hope I'll have enough in me to bike the rest of this week! Ha Ha! Our team won in every event. Go Champaign! 
 
I love you all hope you doing well!!

Love Elder Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment