Monday, April 28, 2014

Elder Christensen: Letter 4/28/14 "East Bound and Down"

Well East St Louis is everything I thought it would be and more! Ha! Ha! It's really fun. I'm loving serving with Elder Milne again. He has changed and matured greatly! I'm really happy that East St Louis will be my final area. One thing I've already gained in the short time I've been here is that I'm so thankful for the safety in which we live in. :) I'm also very grateful for police officers and all the work they do for our country. They truly are on the front lines everyday! I'm also thankful for my brothers Jakobe, Brian, and Jay Jay for walking us through the bridges in the hood! Ha! Ha! We would be dead without them! Then you would have to come out here and put a teddy bear on the pole for me cuz that's how they do it out here. If you're killed your family puts a teddy bear on the pole for you and I've seen some poles with like 40 bears! It's way sad! I feel the pain Mormon felt seeing this wickedness all around and knowing the gospel can change it all makes it even harder... No worries tho family. You won't have to to do that :) 

This area is really humbling and I can promise that from this day forth I will never take for granted the blessings the Lord has given me and helped me work for. I can't wait to see you all in a few weeks. I will feel your love more fully now that I've seen the best of my mission and the worst. Most of the people weve tried to see this week have been moved to safer areas out of our branch. Then their homes are burnt down or just abandoned and used by the many bums. Ha!Ha! It's hard to find good use of our time here cuz every other door is abandoned so tracting is a no go and contacting is way hard. I'll have to explain why when I get home lol. My studies have been the best yet in my mission cuz we have to be in by sundown, so I get like 3 hours in everyday, and I'm loving that its like having church everyday 2 times a day. So cool, and despite how crazy the world is all around us you can still find that peace and feel the Spirit ahhh I love it! I love you all!


Love Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment