Monday, March 31, 2014

Elder Christensen: Letter 3/31/14 "Final Exchanges"


Well  family, another week has gone by. We had a really good lesson this week. We met with Brad Jacobs and just focused on our relationship with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. We also got to show him the Mormon message that has the rock climber who does the free climb and it talks about Jesus being our anchor and our support. Brad really loved that and shared his testimony of how prayer helped him through some of the toughest times of his life. There also is a young boy down the street that were teaching. HJis name is Deve. He saw our car and came to the lesson at Brads and he loved it. We also read Enos with him and got to share our testimonies of the power of prayer and how its a two way communication with God. They both said they would be at church this week but Brad had to work and Deve didn't want to come alone so that was a bummer... However some of the less actives we stopped by to visit came so that was awesome to see! This week was fast Sunday as well and a Less active sister gave a super powerful testimony and I know it touched the less actives that came that day. After church sister Nelson opened her mission call and she is going to Oregon. I guessed New York lol just a little off... Earlier in the week I got to go on exchanges with the Linn Elders and they are truly in the sticks! Ha! Ha! But they have some awesome members out there to help them. I also got to have my Exchange interviews while fishing on one of the members lake. It felt so good to have that break! I could also tell the Elder I was with really needed that break as well. He is really struggling with adjusting to missionary life... Hopefully our exchange helped. I didn't have the smoothest transition into the mission life either. Ha! Ha! So we had some common ground. I just hope he sticks it out. It will be worth it! My life wouldn't be the same if I didn't, and I know the people I've served with and taught wouldn't be the same either. Hope everyone is stoked for General Conference!!!! 

Love Elder Christensen    

No comments:

Post a Comment